Amethyst Facts, Myths, Legends
Chakras - Third Eye & Crown
Birthstone - February Zodiac - Virgo, Sagittarius, Capricorn, Aquarius & Pisces Planet – Jupiter Element – Air, Water
Amethyst is a variety of Quartz.
Amethyst is a ‘7’ on the Mohs hardness scale.
* HEALING PROPERTIES OF AMETHYST INCLUDE; Spiritual Awareness . Increases Psychic Abilities . Promotes Inner Peace & Healing . Promotes Healing of Body, Mind & Soul . Promotes Positive Transformation . Meditation . Balance . Relieves Stress . Communication . Love . Fertility .
* AMETHYST beautiful viloet hues have been popular for centuries
* THE ROMANCE CRYSTAL? Cleopatra wore an Amethyst Ring symbolizing love, light and life.
* Leonardo Da Vinci once wrote that Amethyst was able to dissipate evil thoughts and quicken the intelligence.
* Amethyst pendants was worn by Egyptian soldiers in battle for bravery and courage.
* In both the Christian & Catholic Church, Amethyst is a Crystal/Gem of Purity. Bishops will traditionally wear an Amethyst Ring.
* In North Africa Amethyst is used by Medicine Men and Women for ‘rain making’, by dropping small pieces of Amethyst into water.
* Legend tells, that the gods would not get drunk drinking out amethyst cup
* Amethyst Jewellery can fade in direct sunlight,but in most cases it is perfect to wear all day but do not leave on dashboard car a s colour would fade ,but it probable would be stolen first anyway!
Amethyst Pendant as a present made wife happy
Most women like the colour Purple. Amethyst is Purple and I love it.
One of my girlfriends loves Purple so much that when she got married all her bridesmaids wore purple dresses.
Amethyst is one of the gemstones that appeal to me so much so that I had hinted to my husband that I wouldn’t mind having a bigger Amethyst pendant.
Amethyst has a special place in my heart that every time I wear it, it gives me the calming/peaceful feeling. The first Amethyst I owned was purchased from an Opal Miner who dabbled on other gemstones. We went to see him to buy Opals, however he was going overseas and selling his collection of gemstones when we walked in, he knew I had my eye on this particular piece but then I hesitated, as I didn’t know what price he had on the pendant. This Opal Miner had cut it and had set this Amethyst in Silver Pendant.
The Opal Miner said I could have the silver Amethyst pendants at a good price. Before I know husband paid for it, was so excited to get this Amethyst. I have a lot of silver and gold jewellery and this Amethyst added to my collection.
Early this year, my husband knew that our 26th wedding anniversary was coming and he kept asking me what I wanted. I did not have any idea. I just wanted to be taken out to dinner.On the morning of our 26th Wedding Anniversary he offered to make the bed, made me breakfast - I thought that was sweet! When he came with the coffee - he handed me a jewellery box and there was this huge Amethyst Pendant set in 18k gold - I was stunned, didn’t know what to say. I gave him the biggest hug ever. I am so ever grateful and thanked him so much.I felt a little bit guilty because I only bought him a big box his favourite Liquorice all sorts.
Was this article helpful?2 people found this article helpful